See this feature action on our demo site Placester realty!
This video and article will walk you through editing a page that already exists on your website.
This article will walk you through editing a page that already exists on your website.
Placester allows you to create as many pages as you’d like on your website. Some pages will be pre-built for you, such as a Search, Contact and About page, while other more custom pages will need to be created from scratch. If you want to edit the title or content of a page, you can do so within the page editor.
Getting to the Page Editor
To edit an existing page, the first step is to log in to the Placester backend of your site. From the Dashboard click Edit Site.
Once you're within the site settings menu, click on the Pages tab to access the page index.
Within the pages tab, you’ll see all of your existing pages, their statuses (whether it's a draft or a published article), and the option to edit or remove each one. You can edit a page either by 1) clicking on the page title or 2) clicking Edit next to the page you want to work on.
If you click Edit next to your About page, for instance, you’ll be brought to the page editor for that particular page:
Page Editor Key
Here is a key to explain the different editing options within the page editor. Their descriptions are below the image.
1. Slug: The slug is there to show you what the address of the specific page will be. It will change automatically based on the page title. For example, if you change the title from About to About Placester, the URL will change from www.mywebsite.com/about to www.mywebsite.com/about-placester
2. Template: Edit the page template here. Our websites come with several page templates that are ready to go out of the box. This includes:
- Default Page Template
- About Page
- Agents Index
- Blog Post Index
- Client Profile
- Contact Page
- Listings Search Page
- Testimonials Index
3. Page Title: Edit the title of your page to be displayed at the top of the page here.
4. Page Content: Edit the content of the page here.
When you’re done editing the content of your page, click Save as Draft or Save, depending on whether you’d like the page to be published on your site or not.
5. Display Full Width: This feature gives you the option to edit the format of the page. When selected, the page content is extended to the full width of the page. Selecting this feature will eliminate the Get In Touch form and Listings Search feature, within the page (please see screenshots).
Note: This feature will only function on a Default Page Template, within the Chicago, Madison, and Plymouth Theme.
Display Full Width Unselected:
Display Full Width Selected:
The formatting toolbar allows you to make some formatting adjustments within the page content. Here is a key that shows you what each button within the toolbar does.
- HTML: Click here to learn more about inserting HTML.
- Formatting: format text as Normal, Header or Quote
- Unordered List: make a bulleted list on the page
- Ordered List: make a numbered list on the page
- Link: add hyperlinked text to your site
- Video: embed a video within the page. Click here to learn more about embedding videos.
- Image: upload an image on the page. Click here to learn more about adding images.
Need More Help?
If you have additional questions about editing pages, let our support team know at firstname.lastname@example.org.